- Collection of Personal Data
- Your privacy is important to us and we have taken steps to ensure that we do not collect more information from you than necessary for us to provide you with our services and to protect your account.
- We may ask you to provide personal information when you use our website and services. The personal data that we may ask you to supply include without limitation salutation, name, gender, date of birth, telephone number, email address, residential and work address, HKID or Passport number, credit card details and other information.
- You are not obliged to supply the data, but if you do not, the services and features may not be available.
- Purpose and Use of Personal Data
- If you provide any Personal Data to us, you are deemed to have authorised us to collect, retain and use Personal Data about you for the following purposes:
- Verifying your identity;
- Providing you with services and responding to your queries, feedback or claims;
- Performing research or statistical analysis in order to improve our products and services and for marketing and promotional purposes;
- Making such disclosures as may be required for any of the above purposes or as required by law or in respect of any feedback or claims made by you.
- You further agree that we may disclose and transfer (whether in Hong Kong
or aboard) your Personal Data to third party services providers engaged by us to provide:
- Data entry services;
- Customer database management services;
- Customer contact services (and service providers may contact you regarding promotions, customer service or other activities deemed appropriate); and
- Secure data disposal services ("Third Party Service Providers").
- These Third Party Service Providers are under a duty of confidentiality to us and are only permitted to use your Personal Data in connection with the purposes specified at B.1 above, and not for their own purposes (including direct marketing).
- When necessary we may also disclose and transfer (whether in Hong Kong, or aboard) your Personal Data to our professional advisers, law enforcement agencies, insurers, administrative departments, government and regulatory and other organisations for purposes specified at B.1.iv. above.
- We will not disclose or transfer your Personal Data to the Third Parties, excluding the purposes specified at B.2. and B.3. above.
- Only with your consent or with your indication of no objection, we may use your name, phone number, residential or work address and email address ("Marketing Data") to provide marketing material to you, including product and services provided by Trunk Room.
- We may share aggregate data that does not allow you to be identified with third parties for various purposes (including marketing and advertising), and may use this data in order to better understanding your needs and to improve and adapt our products and services.
- Any Personal supplied by you will be retained by us and will be accessible by our employees, any Third Party Service Providers engaged by us and third parties referred to at B.3 above, for or in relation to any of the purposes stated in B.1 herein.
- Customers can subscribe our newsletter on their own needs. If you do not want to receive our newsletter, please click on the unsubscribe link in the email.
- Any questions, comments, suggestions or information other than Personal Data sent or posted to the site, or any part of the site, by visitors will be deemed voluntarily provided to us on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis. We reserve the right to use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish, broadcast and/or post elsewhere such information freely, including passing it to any associated company for example, in connection with the development, manufacture and marketing of products and services and to meet customer needs.
- Safety of Personal Data
- All reasonable efforts are made to ensure that any personal data held by us is stored in a secure and safe place, and accessed only by or authorised Third Party Service Providers.
- You should be aware that no system is impenetrable and no information provided over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us or receive from us over the Internet.
- Information Collected when you use our website
We may use ‘cookies; on this site in order to:
- Enable tighter security;
- Enable online customers to keep browsing;
- Personalise sites for customers;
- Build online customer or visitor profiles.
Cookies are pieces of information stored in your hard-drive about your preferences on our site, which enable the site to be tailored to you in future visits. Customers who want to disallow cookies can do so on their web browser. However, by disabling cookies you may not be able to access all parts of our website.
- Right to Access/ Correct Personal Data
- Under the Privacy Ordinance, you have the right of access to Personal Data held by us about you and to request correction of your Personal Data.
- In accordance with the Privacy Ordinance, we reserve the right to charge you a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access or correction request.
Units 01-11, 12/F,
Oceanic Industrial Centre,
2 Lee Lok Street,
Ap Lei Chau,
If there is any difference between the English version and the Chinese version of this policy, the English version shall prevail.